Born in Kars, Turkey in 1975, Savaş Yilmaz graduated with a Business Administration degree from the Faculty of Political Sciences of Ankara University in 1998. He holds a Master's Degree in the field of Public Finance and Financial Law from Gazi University. Yilmaz is currently completing his doctorate degree from the Faculty of Political Sciences of the University of Ankara, and is writing his thesis on the subject of “Finance of Health Expenditures”. He is fluent in English, is married and is the father of two sons.
Yilmaz began his career in 1998 as a Financial Analyst at Kredi Garanti Fonu A.Ş. He then continued his career as an auditor at Dışbank A.Ş. and an Internal Control Manager of the Central Anatolia Region. Yilmaz served as Director of the World Bank's Social Risk Reduction Program (SRAP), Istanbul Seismic Risk Mitigation and Emergency Preparedness Project (ISMAP), and as the Director of Health Transformation and Social Security Reform Project in 2008-2011. In 2012, during his position as Advisor at the Ministry of Labor and Social Security, he also worked as the Country Director of HD Consulting Group, an international advisory firm working in the field of management consultancy between 2012 and 2013, and took on various top-level management and executive board member positions in the private sector. With the establishment of the Corporate Headquarters of the Turkish Green Crescent, he was appointed as the first General Manager in August of 2013 and has since been in this position.
Yılmaz is also an assessor of the EFQM excellence model and gives graduate students lectures at the Hasan Kalyoncu University.
• USA, Establishment and design of an effective security net for poverty / World Bank Authority - 2005
• The UK, For the Improvement of Professional Standards / BBC / Field Visit 2011
• Germany, Field Visit 2011
• Spain, Field Visit, 2009 Spain Social Security Application Analysis
• Australia, Field visit, Medicare and the Ministry of Health 2009
• India, Keynote speaker, CCT Conference 2008
• Romania, Visited the Social Assistance Services field / Field visit -2004
• Finland, Main Speaker, Conference - Effects of the 2011 crisis on vulnerable social mass
• Azerbaijan, Short Term Advisor 2005
• Belgrade, Short Term Advisor 2013
• South Korea, Global Alcohol Policy Conference, 2013
• Italy, San Patrignano Rehabilitation Center Field Visit 2014
• Belgium, European Alcohol Politics Association General Assembly 2014
• Bosnia and Herzegovina, Visit 2015
• Austria, United Nations Narcotics Commission Meeting Civil Society Task Force Work 2015
• Cyprus, Workshop on National Drug Strategy Document
• Vienna, United Nations Special Session on Drugs, Power of Civil Society Speech, March 2016
• New York, NY, United Nations Special Session on Drugs, April 18-21, 2016